Tax information for retired members

Your pension is taxable income. We will deduct federal and provincial income tax from your monthly pension payment.

How to request that we deduct additional tax

You can ask us to deduct more income tax from your monthly pension payment. Send us a request using Message Centre (in My Account) and tell us the exact amount you would like deducted from your pension.

Describe the amount you want deducted in one of these ways:

  • Total dollar amount
  • Additional dollar amount
  • Total per cent

External link for tax information for retired members

Learn more about pension income splitting on the Canada Revenue Agency website.

Check your request

Did you know you can now check the status of your service request using Message Centre? You'll find the link on your My Account dashboard.

Sign in or register now