It’s time—validate your long-term disability (LTD) policies by October 31
Use the LTD Policy Validation tool to validate your approved group disability policy. The validation window is open October 1–31.
Access the LTD Policy validation tool through the secure Employer website > Employer Reporting > LTD Policy Validation.
Two steps for quicker and easier validation
- Update Web Services users (if needed)
- Employer Web Services E-Handbook
Note: at least one individual in your organization must be assigned to Role 14 – LTD Policy Validator; only assigned individuals will have access to the validation tool.
- Find them on the secure Employer website
- If needed, contact your policy provider for a copy of your policy
- Consult these resources to familiarize yourself with the validation process
- LTD Policy Validation tool – Frequently Asked Questions
- LTD policy validation process
Note: instructions will also be available in the the tool during the validation window.
Why it’s important
When you have an LTD policy approved for pension purposes, your employees who are plan members are credited with pensionable and contributory service. No contributions are required from you or your employees.
Though submitting an LTD policy for approval is optional, we encourage you to apply to have an LTD policy approved for pension purposes.
- Web Services user account management – contact Employer Operations
- Message Board
- 250 356-9701 (Victoria) or 1 855 356-9701 (Canada and U.S.)
- Validating LTD policies – contact Policy
Note: Emails are not secure; please do not send confidential information, such as employee information, through this link. This email address is for questions specific to LTD policy validation only.
To help policy staff quickly answer your questions, have the following information ready:
- Employer name
- Employer Org ID
- Contact name and phone number
- LTD policy carrier name
- LTD policy number
- Brief outline of your question