In this issue
- Your employees’ beneficiary nomination options are now expanded
- Teachers’ Pension Plan awarded top marks by World Finance magazine
- Instructions for Employers manual updates
- Reminder: Terminations and retirements forms submissions
- Spreading the word
- Sign up for One-Day Comprehensive Training
- Find the time to learn – when it works best for you
ER Newsletter > Article: Teachers’ Pension Plan awarded top marks by World Finance magazine
Teachers’ Pension Plan awarded top marks by
World Finance magazine
This March Teachers’ Pension Plan was named the 2014 Pension Fund of the Year, Canada by World Finance magazine. You and your employees are partner contributors to the plan as part of total employee compensation. Together you ensure that over 89,000 plan members can count on guaranteed, predictable income in retirement. That pension promise is in good hands.
Why is this award important?
This special recognition reinforces that the Teachers’ Pension Plan is well managed and prepared for the future.
- Judges noted that the plan’s solid financial growth and consistently good investment returns—often outperforming benchmarks—demonstrate first class management and planning.
- They also highlighted that the Teachers’ Pension Plan is an example of a shared risk, jointly trusteed plan that has existed and prospered before and after the recent economic downturn.
What do members need to know?
The Teachers’ Pension Plan takes good care of its members:
- The judging panel called the plan “a genuinely socially responsible company” for the care and consideration shown to members.
- Judges gave top marks to the Teachers’ website StraightTalk section for its clarity and depth of information on the value of the plan.
- The plan demonstrates first class management and planning.
- Point members to the Board Communique you received on March 10
- Read the World Finance magazine article, then encourage colleagues and plan members to do the same.