Distribute the Member’s Benefit Statement and 2019 Report to Members by February 27
The Pension Benefits Standards Act requires that each College Pension Plan member receive their Member’s Benefit Statement (MBS) and Report to Members within 180 days after the plan’s fiscal year-end.
What you need to do
BC Mail Plus will deliver the MBS and 2019 Report to Members package directly to you by mid-February.
You must distribute this important pension information to your employees who are plan members by February 27, 2019.
Encourage plan members to get their pension information on the plan website
Members can access pension information and the 2019 Report to Members on the plan website at college.pensionsbc.ca.
Members can do even more when they sign in to My Account:
- View their MBS faster
- click Reports > Benefit Statements
- choose the year
- view the MBS as a PDF, or print it
- Calculate their pension estimates using the personalized pension estimator
- Apply for their pension online
- Members can get sign-in help directly from the My Account sign-in screen. A sidebar provides links to register, recover username and reset password.
- Contact us for help.