Staying current—validate your group disability information this October
In October, you will be asked to use the online LTD Policy Validation tool to verify that our records reflect your current group disability plan information. This will ensure your plan members receiving long-term disability (LTD) benefits from an approved group disability plan are correctly earning pensionable and contributory service.
To make the validation process easier, before accessing the tool in October, gather the following information:
- Current group disability plan(s); if needed, contact your LTD carrier for this information
- LTD policy effective date(s)
- LTD policy number(s)
- Which employee classes the LTD policy applies to
- LTD policy termination date(s) for policies that have terminated since October 2016
- LTD policy information for policies that have changed since they were approved
Please make sure your Web Services users are up to date. Check out the April 2017 Employer Newsletter for details.
Even if this is your first time using the LTD Policy Validation tool, you'll find it's easy! To assist you, we will provide instructions and other details about this online tool in the fall newsletters.