Nomination of beneficiary through My Account—less time and paper for you
The nomination of beneficiary feature in My Account can save you time. You won’t need to spend time finding or keeping a current copy of the form. And your employees will get the information they need, when they need it, directly from the pension plan.
Start by recycling your paper copies of the Nomination of Beneficiary form.
Also encourage your employees who are plan members, including those who’ve received an enrolment package, to use My Account when providing us with their nomination of beneficiary information. They can feel confident we have their current information.
Benefits of using My Account
- They’ll have access to the latest information about beneficiary nomination.
- They can nominate persons, trustees and organizations, and update their beneficiary information. This includes identifying how much of one’s estate each beneficiary will receive if there are multiple beneficiaries.
- Their information will be instantly added to our file. Keeping up-to-date and accurate information ensures their final wishes for their pension benefit will be carried out.
To register, they will need their Person ID (PID) number.
- It’s located on their Member’s Benefit Statement and Welcome to the Plan letter.
- Your employees can contact the plan if they haven’t yet received these documents.
As always, we’re here to help.